The Invisible Red Thread

"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."

~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Friday, January 14, 2011

Prep and Packing... ;-)

This week has been spent preparing Sweet Cheeks room along with packing, packing, laundry and a little more packing. And, I am not finished yet... the baby's stuff is almost done. Our things still remain. My plan is to get that wrapped up this weekend and not be doing laundry on Tuesday night.

I am aiming high and will likely be pulling things back out of the suitcases that cannot go due to the 44lb. weight limit on our luggage. I am more of a "everything but the kitchen sink-type of packer" but in all reality, I need to be more of a "bare bones-type of packer."

We continue to wait for our Visa/Passport's to arrive. They were due to arrive today but the tracking update shows no info... eeekkk!!!! Not good!  Fingers and toes crossed something shakes loose with that today.  We are not panicking...yet.

We have finalized our plans and we will be getting Sweet Cheeks on January 24th!  Cannot wait for that big day! That is the day we have been waiting for since turning in our paperwork back in 2006.

Today, is Cupcakes last day of school until we return from China. She is pretty super excited about that... she is talking about helping with Sweet Cheeks and cannot wait to feed her. I know she is going to be an awesome BIG sister. Cupcake has even said, she cannot wait until she can play with her little sister when she gets home from school. Let's hope that lasts for a while!

I have to say a  huge THANK YOU to some very special people in my life.... for the wonderful lunch date I had this week, for the amazing box of goodies that came in the mail this week, for all of the Congratulatory emails that I have received, all of the phone calls, love, hugs, prayers and well-wishes.... THANK YOU! I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment