The Invisible Red Thread

"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."

~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Little More About Sweet Cheeks Day

So,we had heard that we might be getting the babies early but it was not a definite thing so as all things with this adoption, we were not sure if it would rally happen. But it did, we got Sweet Cheeks a day early! Cheers to that!

We flew From Beijing to snow covered Nanchang. Cupcake let out a loud squeal of delight over the snow when we were on the plane. We got our bags and headed to the bus for our 45 minute ride to the hotel. We checked in at the Jin Feng... It was just like we remembered. It was around 1pm and the babies would be here at 4pm. We get settled I our rooms and headed downstairs a little early to wait. In fact, we were all standing in the lobby when the babies pulled up (with a driver, the director and nannies). I was searching all of their faces trying to find Sweet Cheeks and at last, I found her. Those were the eyes and cheeks of my dreams for the past four months.

I was standing with Cupcake who instinctively walked up to her. But Sweet Cheeks eyes were on my mine. She was adorable and I could not believe that we were FINALLY going to meet. After confirming paperwork, Sweet Cheeks was finally in my arms. Tears of joy were flowing. She felt so good. We passed her to big sister next, who gave her a quick hug. Have I mentioned yet that she is really cute. She has the longest eyelashes!

Once back in our room, we began unbundling her slowly... She is quite small but appears to be healthy. She has lots of dark hair on her sweet little head. And a tiny little mouth. She is very observant and watches everything going on around her. She has the tiniest little nose, too.

She and big sister played stacking cups and after watching Cupcake, she started clapping them together. They watched a few minutes of JoJo's Circus. I rubbed her little feet and trimmed her toe nails while Cupcake did her hands. She has had and approves of veggie puffs, too.

As I type this, Sweet Cheeks is still sleeping. She has a cough and sounds a little stuffy in her nose. I am trying to encourage Cupcake to go back to sleep but that is not going to happen. I will try to get a few more pics updated in a little while. Love to all! Thanks to everyone for all of the emails.... I have loved reading them. It seems the Internet connection is a little better where we are now.

Betsy
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment