The Invisible Red Thread

"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break."

~Ancient Chinese Proverb

Saturday, February 5, 2011

We are Home!

Home sweet home never felt so great! After nearly 30 hours in the air on three different planes, we landed in Tampa at 12:15am. We were met at the airport by my brother and sister in lawd. After a quick hug and a few pics, we headed for the baggage claim and the car. We got the kiddos buckled in their caresses and then we were off! Sweet Cheeks did great in her carseat, no issues at all.

We were greeted at home with wonderful signs, streamers and balloons courtesy of our wonderful friends and amazing neighbors. It was a sight for sore eyes and very much appreciated! We made it into the house and cave Zweet Cheeks a tour of her new home. Both girls got baths and then it was bedtime. I think it was 2:30am. We all went to bed around 4:30am and got a few hours sleep before it wa rise and shine. I am here to say that jet lag is not fun!

On the plane from Hong Kong to San Fancisco, Sweet Cheeks wanted nothing to domwith sleeping and maybe got four hours sleep on the plane. She was wide awake and pretty vocal. We discovered that she loved sitting on the tray tables. It was quite funny, actually because with Kid #1, I would have never let her do that. I also would not have let her shred the magazine in the setback. I beard several of the pafents on our trip say they were in survival mode and I have to agree! We just did what we needed to do in order to get home.

I will post a few pics later! Good night!

2 comments:

  1. 30 hours! Damn! I thought our 24 hours was bad! And with 2 kids! OK, I officially nominate you for sainthood.

    I'm just glad you made it home safely and weren't stuck in some airport for days. After the pain of the trip fades, it will make for a good tale to tell.

    Relax. You have weeks to bond. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After following your blog while you were in China with my sister Michelle I feel like I know you (well a little any way!)... We live in Lakeland and I noticed you said you landed in Tampa. I was curious if you lived close to us! That would be surreal. I can't wait to meet Kayla. The photos have been such a joy to see. How amazing to meet her in person. Welcome home to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete